12 replies to this topic

#1 Tim

Tim

More posts than sense

• AdminRoot Admin
  • 8,589 posts
  • Car:2.2 laguna estate

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

this is a guide only, myself and the club are not responsible for what happens.

/\ now thats out the way all credit for this mod goes to joe hdi, when the derv doc disabled mine he just pulled the blue plug out and that was it. even though it threw up a fault code.

so the egr valve unit and plug are at the back left of the engine bay attached to the wing area. you should see a small pump like unit with a blue electrical plug into it.

Posted Image

in the pic above on the left hand side with a hose comming out is the egr valve blue arrow.

in the center of the pic is a connector were the hose use to be. pull the hose off the top of this and and plug it up with a thick screw. (see arrow in red)

Posted Image

pic above is of the hose from the egr plugged. i have put insulation tape over mine to keep it sealed.

this way your egr won't work and by keeping your egr sensor plugged in it will not throw up fault codes

Posted Image

#2 Shadows Entity

Shadows Entity

I like blue things

• Club-306 VIP
  • 3,331 posts
  • Car:306 ph3 Dtub

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

Could this be done to petrol engines if there is a benfit... just did a quick wiki on it and it's exhaust gas recirculation which in your diesel case replaces some excess oxygen so I can see why you'd want to turn it off so you'd get a bigger bang in the combustion chamber but says for petrol it displaces the amount of combustible matter in the cylinder. Is that good?
Posted Image

#3 Tim

Tim

More posts than sense

• AdminRoot Admin
  • 8,589 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

i wasn't under the impression that petrol non turbo's had egr valves

Posted Image

#4 Shadows Entity

Shadows Entity

I like blue things

• Club-306 VIP
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yup, sits very high up on the right of my engine

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...les_CarParts_SM
Posted Image

#5 jo3_hdi

jo3_hdi

Original Nuttah

• Club-306 VIP
  • 1,723 posts
  • Car:306 hdi

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Yup, sits very high up on the right of my engine

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...les_CarParts_SM

i wouldent like to say on this one, i mean principle is the same...... but instead of a vac pipe running from a vac pump, yours will be running of the inlet manifold i would say best thing to do is before making major mods like this.

you know you can buy brake pipe clamps Posted Image
try to squaze the pipe with that first to test if you get any faults, with out seeing the engine and where its going i cant really tell aslong as that pipes not going anywhere else exsample your brake servo, but from looking at that pic im assming it can be done like that. but with peotrol you have got you cat, and its all related with emissions, so as i say just try and squaze the pipe first before anything, incase it starts running rough or eml, or your emissions go through the roof, then at least you can just unclamp it.
Project Blink >> Here

#6 John Blackmore

John Blackmore

The Boss Man

• AdminRoot Admin
  • 4,188 posts
  • Twitter:@johnblackmore
  • Car:Audi A3 PD130

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

does this mean you need my laptop again tim to clear that fault code?

#7 Tim

Tim

More posts than sense

• AdminRoot Admin
  • 8,589 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

yes please.... maybe a copy if the softwere and were you got the odb2 plug to :) it may be worth a investment

Posted Image

#8 Bri-HDI

Bri-HDI

More posts than sense

• Club-306 VIP
  • 2,491 posts
  • Twitter:@BriHDI
  • Car:306 2.0 HDI Meridian

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

Woohoo, a guide with pics, i might be able to do this to mine now lol

Cheers Joe & Tim :)

#9 Shadows Entity

Shadows Entity

I like blue things

• Club-306 VIP
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

Just a thought.... could you fit a thing to put methanol into the EGR so instead of sucking in exhaust fumes it would be sucking in methanol and adding it into the air mixture.

Probably wouldn't work as I don't know much about diesels :)

Oh an in terms of petrols I've been doing some reading and apparently EGR's were only added after EU changes to keep exhaust emissions down. So an earlier model wouldn't have it on. And turbo petrols don't even have one.

And as someone quoted on a site " why would you want hot exhaust gasses being added to the air intake when we all know cars prefer cold air..."

Edited by Shadows Entity, 04 December 2010 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

#10 James 306

James 306

More posts than sense

• Club-306 VIP
  • 4,859 posts
  • Twitter:@Jamesanderton
  • Car:306 HDi, 205 GTi 1.9

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Just as a better indicator as to where the EGR valve is located, here is a little something I knocked up a couple of weeks back Posted Image

The view is from the back of the engine :)

Posted Image

Power is nothing without control

My Flickr

#11 Rich306

Rich306

Rich306

• Club-306 VIP
  • 4,771 posts
  • Car:306 Rallye

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

So that egr valve is similar to the original one questioned? Just in a different place?

Check out my Project thread - http://www.club-306....project-rallye/

I wonder what fish smelled like before women went swimming?

#12 jo3_hdi

jo3_hdi

Original Nuttah

• Club-306 VIP
  • 1,723 posts
  • Car:306 hdi

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Just a thought.... could you fit a thing to put methanol into the EGR so instead of sucking in exhaust fumes it would be sucking in methanol and adding it into the air mixture.Probably wouldn't work as I don't know much about diesels :)Oh an in terms of petrols I've been doing some reading and apparently EGR's were only added after EU changes to keep exhaust emissions down. So an earlier model wouldn't have it on. And turbo petrols don't even have one.And as someone quoted on a site " why would you want hot exhaust gasses being added to the air intake when we all know cars prefer cold air..."

urmm i see what you mean but.... if you was gonna do that you might aswell blank the egr from the turbo and then tap in to the inlet manifold with methanol then its direct injection and will go stright in to the engine, rather then going through pipes and get a lag or late responsponse, obviously your probaly talking milliseconds but still lol, easy option i would say is inlet mani tho for your anwser lol, hope it helps

So that egr valve is similar to the original one questioned? Just in a different place?

the picture in james picture is the one in question its not in a diffrent place. the only thing i would say is diffrent is on the back of the engine there it has a gold looking cylinder pipe from the egr... the 306 one is just a stright pipe but thats nothing it does same thing, but part from that its identical.
Project Blink >> Here

#13 Rich306

Rich306

Rich306

• Club-306 VIP
  • 4,771 posts
  • Car:306 Rallye

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

urmm i see what you mean but.... if you was gonna do that you might aswell blank the egr from the turbo and then tap in to the inlet manifold with methanol then its direct injection and will go stright in to the engine, rather then going through pipes and get a lag or late responsponse, obviously your probaly talking milliseconds but still lol, easy option i would say is inlet mani tho for your anwser lol, hope it helps

the picture in james picture is the one in question its not in a diffrent place. the only thing i would say is diffrent is on the back of the engine there it has a gold looking cylinder pipe from the egr... the 306 one is just a stright pipe but thats nothing it does same thing, but part from that its identical.

Sorry lol, i was strangly thinking this was the thread with the 1.8l engine in... :P I'm losing the plot mate..

Check out my Project thread - http://www.club-306....project-rallye/

I wonder what fish smelled like before women went swimming?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users